How to improve application and data integrity
Monitoring application and data integrity starts with the end-user
Improving application and data integrity are high on the priority-list of every organization. Most organizations already made significant investments in incident response processes and accompanied monitoring systems:
- Application Delivery Controllers assuring that only trusted user requests are processed.
- Assure any given user has his or her unique digital identity; the foundation for Single-Sign-On and Multi-Factor Authentication
- Event-based SIEM systems tracking security related content of log files.
- Intrusion Detection System (i.e. an IDS) to detect suspicious behavior of application traffic once beyond the firewall.
- Intrusion Prevention System (i.e. an IPS) to detect and (optionally) clean-up suspicious application traffic once beyond the firewall and before it is forwarded to its final destination.
But what about the user behavior across all those applications and IT infrastructure layers? How do know which user is doing what, where and when? And with what result?
If this is your main concern, let’s have a chat and learn how our solution portfolio helps!
Assess and protect applications, IT infrastructure and its data
Contrast Assess runs in parallel of performance testing while assessing the application code for vulnerabilities. If detected, development teams are alerted instantly so they can fix code without disrupting software development (i.e. delaying the release schedule).
Contrast Protect identifies and blocks attacks based on (but not limited to!) command injection, cross-site scripting (XSS), hard-coded passwords, insecure encryption algorithms and NoSQL/SQL injection.
Validate the end-node protection level
Once the forensic analyses confirm a potential security breach it is time to double-check the software versions on the end-nodes. This includes anti-virus, firewall, the OS and application.
This is where Aternity kicks-in. It allows you to do a quick cross-check on the software versions as actually running on the end-nodes and how they are connected to the network.
In addition, if not as expected it can create ticket(s) to support the ITOM organization with updating all relevant end-nodes and software in a timely manner.
How this helps you and your organization
By automating data collection and speeding up analysis, you and your organization are far better positioned for meeting the compliance ruling of reporting a security breach within 2 days. Even better: you can already start with corrective actions well within these 2 days!
The next step
Learn how your organization can benefit from quickly analyzing the integrity of your business applications and data. Please fill in the form on the top-right of this page and we are happy to pay you a visit explaining things in more detail!